procurement sustainability How to achieve sustainable purchasing How to achieve sustainable procurement
Sustainable procurement is the process of making purchasing decisions that meet an organization’s needs for goods and services in a way that benefits not only the organization but society as a whole, while minimizing its impact on the environment.
The course discusses the impact on communities and society, environmental aspects of sourcing, ethical trading and working standards. The alignment of sustainable goals within supply chains has both global and local dimensions and is a developing area for organisational commitment, procedures, systems and practices.
- All personnel who are responsible for implementing sustainability initiatives & reporting in their organization.
At the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Define aspects of sustainability such as CSR, responsible procurement
- Key Concepts and Value of implementing sustainable procurement
- Integrate sustainability in business strategy
- Define, track and monitor sustainable goals using GRI Framework
- Implement sustainable scorecard
- Implement Code of Conduct in a supply chain
- Implement ISO 20400 standard on Responsible Sourcing
- Compute carbon footprint based on GHG Principle
- Implement ISO 14067:2018 Standards on Carbon Footprint of Products
The role of sustainability dimensions in the value creation process has attracted considerable interest not just in academic world but also in businesses and government.
The drive to create value in a sustainable way is now an inherent part of the strategies of companies that aim to achieve high performance while respecting natural resources.
Many organisations have started to implement sustainable procurement systems; however they are rarely integrated into the companies strategies. As a result, the contribution of environmental and social considerations are disconnected from the financial performance.
- Implement Sustainable Procurement Standards (ISO 20400) – We help organisations integrate sustainability into their procurement process.
- Implement Carbon Emission Calculation Standards – Scope 1 to Scope 3. We assist organisations to implement systems and processes to track, control and report GHG Emissions.
- Implement Sustainability Balanced Scorecards incorporating Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) related to environment and social dimensions.
- Human Capital Development – Join our training courses to build capabilities in the area of sustainability. Get ahead of the competition.
We are fully committed on equipping and enabling procurement talent by supporting clients with our range of sustainability services.